Today a new version of Apache Solr was released, version 3.5.0. Here’s the release statement from the Lucene PMC:
|The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 3.5.0!
See the CHANGES.txt file included with the release for a full list of details.
Solr 3.5.0 Release Highlights:
- Bug fixes and improvements from Apache Lucene 3.5.0, including a very substantial (3-5X) RAM reduction required to hold the terms index on opening an IndexReader. (LUCENE-2205)
- Added support for distributed result grouping. (SOLR-2066, SOLR-2776)
- Added support for Hunspell stemmer TokenFilter supporting stemming for 99 languages. (SOLR-2769)
- A new contrib module “langid” adds language identification capabilities as an Update Processor, using Tika’s LanguageIdentifier or Cybozu language-detection library (SOLR-1979)
- Numeric types including Trie and date types now support sortMissingFirst/Last. (SOLR-2881)
- Added hl.q parameter. It is optional and if it is specified, it overrides q parameter in Highlighter. (SOLR-1926)
- Several minor bugfixes like date parsing for years from 0001-1000, ignored configurations when using QueryAnalyzer with SpellCheckComponent and many more. See CHANGES.txt entries for full details.
Contributions from Cominvent include LanguageIdentifier, Plugging in Hunspell stemmer in Solr and SOLR-2742 which makes commitWithin more accessible through the SolrJ APIs. Also, Apache Tika is upgraded to version 0.10, fixing several bugs in parsing PDFs and Office documents.